LED tube lights are popular in home and businesses. This article descripes how to install ballast bypass T8 LED tube lights. If you want to know why choose type B ballast bypass LED tube lights, please read article how to convert fluorescent tube to LED.
Consider Your Safety before Installation
Please kindly note: installation of LED tube lights can be dangerous since you’re working with electricity. If you’ve never performed electrical tasks before, consider working with a knowledgeable partner throughout this process.
There are two kinds of type B LED tubes, which are single ended power and double ended power LED tube. Single ended power LED tube need rewire, but it’s cheaper. Double ended power LED tube can work directly on fluorescent light fixture after remove ballast.
How to Install Single-Ended Power LED Tube Lights?
- Disconnect main power before installation.
- Cut the output wires on the ballast. You can either remove the ballast or keep it, it’s not useful in this case anyway.
- Use a non-shunted lamp holder, and connect the N and L wires of the mains to the N and L ends of the lamp holder.
- Install the bracket and the lamp.
- Power up
How to Install Double Ended Power LED Tube Lights?
- Disconnect main power before installation
- Cut the output wires on the ballast. You can either remove the ballast or keep it
- Connect the N and L wires to the mains with the 2-terminal lamp holder input wires
- Install the bracket and the lamp
- Power up
Hope the article help. Click to find more info about LED tube lights.